Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Snowflake by Jamie Carie

Jamie Carie has really done an amazing job with the character depth in "The Snowflake". This was an amazing book!! It captured my soul right from the beginning and had me eager to keep reading.

It was Christmas of 1897 and Ellen had lost pretty much everything important to her in her life. She was traveling with her brother Jonah to reach the Alaska gold rush. When tragedy stuck the boat they were on they decided to travel to Dawson City on foot with her brother and some other men aboard the ship. They met all kinds of struggles along the journey. She soon became close with a man named Buck! Buck had his own heartbreak to deal with too but a connection still formed. All Ellen wants this year for Christmas is to not be alone, will that wish come true?!

I really connected with the story of Ellen and Buck. Sometimes when you go through a tragedy it is hard to see what God's plan is for your life and it's hard to have faith when you've been shaken so badly. I've never been so involved with the characters as I was with this book, in some parts my heart felt torn and broken and I literally cried and other times I rejoiced when they rejoiced!

This book is full of surprises, amazing love, God's faithfulness and grace!! I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a sweet romance and a story of God's healing power and forgiveness, you will not be disappointed. I am new to the world of reading. I just enjoying reading, all the time and now I can't stop! I had never heard of Jamie Carie before but I won this book from an interview she did on a blog and I was clearly not disappointed!! I am excited to read the other books Jamie Carie has wrote!

No comments:

Post a Comment