Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Anonymous Bride by Vickie McDonough

The Anonymous Bride by Vickie McDonough was a very interesting story. The story is about a man named Luke who ran away for 11yrs because he had his heart broken by Rachel. He finally decides to return to his hometown where Rachel lives and finds out that she is now a widow. He is now the town marshal and is staying next to her boarding house and she was to cook and clean for him. He is still so angry with her that he won't speak to her much. Then the story takes an interesting twist, 3 mail-order brides show up to marry him and he didn't order them, his cousins did. Soon all 3 brides are competing to win Luke!

I really enjoyed this story mostly for the plot! I'd never heard of such an interesting story. The idea of 3 mail-order brides biding over one man had me giggling. The Anonymous Bride had me laughing at times and it was also heartbreaking. Luke had a lot of forgiving to do and I enjoyed watching him go through the process of forgiveness and healing. I loved how this story showed us that only God knows the truth of situations and we need to trust him that he knows best. It had me thinking about the people in my life I need to forgive and how important that choice is! Very thought provoking and inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment