Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy was a great book. I had this idea in my head that it was going to be really dark and twisted so I kept putting off reading it. I was pleasantly surprised!! Paranormalcy is about a teenage girl named Evie who works with the International Paranormal Containment Agency (IPCA) to bag and tag tracking devices on paranormals. She has an ability to see through paranormal glamour, which nobody else can do. Then the most unusual paranormal, Lend, comes in to her life and the whole world as she knows it changes. She finds out new information about herself and also finds out that all the paranormals of the world are in danger. She tries to save them but it is a crazy world.

I really connected with the characters of Paranormalcy. Kiersten White has really done an amazing job of creating characters that you can invest in. I just loved Evie, she was hilarious! Like I said before, I thought the book would be all sad and gloomy but Evie is just a hilarious teenage girl with "normal" girl problems in some ways. Lots of funny little jokes and quirks!!

This book is amazingly written. It contains a lot of action that has you on the edge of your seat but it also has romance in it which is amazing! The romance aspect of the story is very good and I was just invested in the story I could hardly stand it ending! Kierston does a great job of creating an action packed story without having the romance part take over, brilliant!! I loved this book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment