Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson

I was so enthralled by this story right from the start!! Such an interesting story. The Healer's Apprentice is about a young girl named Rose whole lives with the town healer as her apprentice. It story takes place in 1386. Rose is such an interesting character, I was just drawn to her right from the beginning. She had such determination in being the woman God created her to be but she was having a hard time figuring out what she wanted in life, she liked helping people, but the sight and smell of blood just made her feel sick. She then meets a wonderful man who she knows she can never be with but they are so drawn to eachother.

I absolutely love stories about castles, dukes, princes, etc. They are by far my favorite type of stories and Melanie Dickerson has wrote my all-time favorite of this genre. The medievel time period is so fun and with the romance involved the story was just enchanting! I loved it! She did such an amazing job of captivating the audience right from the start. I can't wait to read more of her books. This is one of those books that after borrowing it from a friend, I really would just like to own my own copy so I can read it again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment