Friday, April 22, 2011

Fateful by Cheri Schmidt

About the book:

A huge fan of Jane Austen, Danielle hopes to find her own Mr. Darcy when she leaves Colorado to attend art school in London. Of course she knows it's silly to wish for that, naive even. But she's met enough males who lacked respect for women, a growing trend it seemed. And at nineteen...well.... However, on only her second night there she gets lost and is threatened by a stalker who proves to be immune to her martial arts training. Before she is completely overpowered, she is then saved by Ethan Deveroux.

While Danielle does find the romance she seeks in Ethan, he's no Mr. Darcy. Her hero is held by a spell which fractures their chance at a happy ending. During the day Ethan is closer to mortal than immortal and can date her like any other man. Yet, as the sun sets, the powerful magic of an ancient curse returns and the evil of that spell is revealed. When that magic begins, Danielle's fairytale romance ends because Ethan Deveroux is a vampire.


My review:
4 STARS

I have to admit...I was a bit skeptical of this book when I was asked to read it by the author for the purpose of reviewing. I LOVED Twilight with a passion but have found it almost impossible to enjoy another vampire or paranormal book since, so I was convinced I wouldn't enjoy it. This book was an exception. I really liked it!! Fateful is about young Danielle who moves to London to go to school there and live with her Uncle, Aunt and cousin. Soon after her arrival in London she is attacked, but then saved by the handsome and delicious Ethan. The only issue is that her handsome rescuer is actually a cursed vampire. They soon begin dating and it proves to be almost impossible for Danielle to stay out of harm’s way.

One of my favorite quotes "She loved the way her name melted from his tongue, like a tender endearment, made sweeter by his British articulation."

This story has a lot to be desired! The characters were delightful and I couldn't get enough of the sweet romance between Ethan and Danielle. The romance was my favorite part because it was sweet, and passionate yet clean. Danielle is a charming "girly girl" that loves to wear skirts and has an innocent way about her. Ethan is handsome, charming, and very old school when it comes to dating. The story line was very good. It did have a lot of similarities to Twilight, which is the only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 star rating, but then again, most vampire books do. The differences were great though and Cheri made her story stand out! There was lots action and most of the story was unpredictable. The ending was unique and I devoured the story as soon as I started reading it. I can't wait for the next book by Cheri Schmidt; she is a very gifted author! If you love young adult paranormal/vampire books then this needs to be added to your list of books to read, I highly recommend it!

I received a copy of this book to read and review from the author. My review is not biased by the fact that I was given this book. I HONESTLY read and review any book whether bought or given to me. If I did not like the book I would definitely not give a rave review or recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment