Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Moon and the Tide by Derrolyn Anderson

My Review:
5 STARS


One of my favorite things about series or trilogy's is that the story continues on and you get to hear more about what is happening with the characters that you fall in love with! The Moon and the Tide was everything I wanted in a sequel; Derrolyn continues the story of Marina and her quest to figure out her family history, the mermaids’ life and her relationship with Ethan.  This story is jammed packed with more unique twists, adventures and dangers that I felt like I couldn't read it fast enough!

To say that this book was as good as the first book is not enough, I felt it was better just because the first book laid down the characters and the story line and book two is bringing the characters more alive and the story more adventurous.   Just like in the first book there are secrets that unfold and new mystery that is added which makes The Moon and the Tide more intense!

The best thing to love in this book, at least for me, is the romantic development between Marina and Ethan.  Their relationship starts off sweet and innocent in book one but in book two it really feels like it matures a lot more as they learn more about each other’s personalities and deal with stress!  I love that Derrolyn doesn't add another guy to the mix to make this like every other YA novel that has a love triangle! That just gets old! And it stays clean-thank you Derrolyn!!

The new characters that are added make the story even better also! There is the professional surfer Kimo that is woven through the story line a couple of times and I really enjoyed his Hawaiian accent! There is also the bully Shayla in book one that is more in book two now and it really is fun to see this character develop in to someone lovable!

I love hearing more about the mermaids and their unique history and culture and I just really felt like I was right there watching the story on the big screen in front of me. The description to details about everything going makes this story come alive!

If you loved the first book, Between the Land and the Sea, then you have to devour The Moon and the Tide.  There is so much to love about it and I'm not sure I am even able to give you enough of a glimpse to satisfy you because I could just go on and on and about all I loved!

I received a copy of this book to read and review from the author. My review is not biased by the fact that I was given this book. I HONESTLY read and review any book whether bought or given to me. If I did not like the book I would definitely not give a rave review or recommend it.

Book Blurb:

The Moon And The Tide is book # 2 in the Marina's Tales series.
Just when things seem to be all figured out, Marina discovers that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than she ever imagined. When a terrible accident exposes her secret, she discovers that her whole life has been one big lie, and has to cope with more than one kind of betrayal.
A dangerous enemy arrives on the scene, putting her bravery to the test and forcing her to use all of her new-found talents to protect her family. Will good win out over evil? Can love triumph over jealousy?
 

You can buy the book online at Amazon:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment