Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beyond Molasses Creek by Nicole Seitz

About the BOOK:
Three lives are bound by a single book . . . and the cleansing waters of Molasses Creek.

Having traveled to the ends of the earth as a flight attendant, Ally Green has finally returned to the Lowcountry to bury her father as well as the past. But Vesey Washington is still living across the creek, and theirs is a complicated relationship—he was once her best friend . . . and also part of the reason she’s stayed away so long. When Ally discovers a message her father left behind asking her to quit running, it seems her past isn’t through with her yet.

As Ally’s wandering spirit wrestles with a deep longing to flee again, a young woman on the other side of the world escapes her life of slavery in the rock quarries of Nepal. A mysterious sketchbook leads Sunila Kunari to believe there’s more to her story than she’s ever been told, and she’s determined to follow the truth wherever it leads her.

A deep current intertwines the lives of these three souls, and a destiny of freedom, faith, and friendship awaits them all on the banks of Molasses Creek.
 
 
About Nicole Seitz:
 
Nicole Seitz is the author of several critically acclaimed novels - The Inheritance of Beauty, Saving Cicadas, A Hundred Years of Happiness, Trouble the Water, and The Spirit of Sweetgrass. She is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's School of Journalism, and also has a degree in Illustration from Savannah College of Art & Design. Her paintings are featured on the covers of her books. Visit her at @NicoleSeitzFacebook and www.nicoleseitz.com for more information. 
 
 
About the party:

Nicole is celebrating the release of Beyond Molasses Creek with a fabulous "Friendship" Facebook party! She'll be giving away a ton of great stuff (KINDLE TOUCH, some of her own beautiful artwork, a Book Club Prize Pack (10 copies of the book for your small group/book club and a Live Skype Chat with Nicole), and more!
 
CLICK the button (below) to RSVP for the party - then join us on February 16th for a book chat, story sharing and prizes! Hope to see you there!
 
Save the Date! 2/16!

My Review:
4 STARS

I’m not really sure how I should write this review. I probably would have never read the book if I had paid any attention to the fact that the main characters are seniors. For some reason reading a love story about seniors just doesn’t sound appealing to me, maybe that’s because I am still in my 20’s. So I was a bit skeptical that I would enjoy the story but I have to say that it was really good.

It starts out sad and confusing and I wasn’t quite sure how this was going to develop in to anything that was nice. The main character is a bit on the rough side and I didn’t really click with her. I really enjoyed the other lady that we get to meet, Sunila, now this is an extraordinary character. She is beautifully written and you find yourself completely engrossed in her story and journey!!

What I loved most about this book was the stories of the past from all these characters and how it affects their futures. I was dying to see how it would all come together!! I loved the growth that we got to experience with Ally and also with Sunila!

My least favorite part of the book, without going in to revealing any secrets, is the romance side. I wasn’t happy with how everything developed and I wasn’t pleased with the outcome at all. That being said, this story is SO much more than romance; it has mystery, spiritual growth, cultural stories, and amazing characters!! In the end I am happy I chose to read this novel!

Thank you to the publishers through Litfuse for my copy to review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment