Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thyme for Love by Pamela S. Meyers

Book Blurb:

April Love has always dreamed of being a chef. But she didn't expect a former fiancé or murder to be part of the recipe for her new job. When April Love signs on to be an in-house chef at an old lakeshore mansion in Canoga Lake, Wisconsin, she comes face to face with her long-lost love, the drop-dead gorgeous Marc Thorne. It doesn't take long for their old magnetism to recharge, but how can she trust the guy who left her nearly at the altar eight years earlier? Her gut tells her something happened to Marc in between-something he's reluctant to reveal. When April's boss is murdered, Marc is accused of the crime. Unless April can find out who really killed Ramón Galvez, her chances for love will end up at the county jail. But someone else is just as determined she not solve the mystery...and will go to any length to stop her. 


My Review:
4 STARS


Here’s a surprise for you!! What if you showed up at a job interview for a job you’ve been just dying to get and your ex-fiancé’ is there? And not only does he work there but he could potentially be your future boss!!Yikes!! Do you run from the job you’ve always wanted or do you toughen up and face your fear!!  When April Love starts the process of trial period there at the Lakeshore Mansion a mystery is suddenly thrown in to the mix when the man that was supposed to hire her and become her boss is murdered!! Her hunky ex Marc is suspect yet she knows deep in heart there is no way he a killer! Marc and April will have to put their issues aside to try to get answers to mystery behind the recent murder!!

If you are big fan of Christian suspense as I am, I think you will find Thyme for Love a great book!! I feel I’m pretty good at figuring out who the bad guy is when I start reading a mystery novel yet I didn’t quite have it all figured out in this book.  There were some things I guessed correctly and other parts that blew me away!

Not only does this novel hold your attention with the mystery but it also grabs your heart with the romance!  I loved the hero Marc Thorne! He is handsome, sweet, and he can’t deny his attraction and intense longing for his past love April.  I loved the romantic tension and sweet moments they shared! 

Thyme for Love also gives us these great descriptions of all that April Love is cooking.  I felt like I could drool over the breakfast cart that came by the office with pastries and goodies every morning!! I would really love someone to swing by my office with some of those goodies!!

Last but not least we have a lesson to learn.  In Thyme for Love there was A LOT of gossip.  The tongues were wagging in that office like nothing else!!  Pamela reminded us how much damage our gossip can do, and she also reminded us that we should be slow to judge others!  April struggled with getting caught up in the gossip and therefore I found her easy to relate to because I feel lots of Christian women struggle with refraining from the gossip train!!

Make some thyme for this novel in your life, you won’t regret it!! Grab a pastry and a cup of coffee and sit back and enjoy a great story!!

I read this as an ARC provided by the author.  I received no compensation for this review! All opinions are my own.

About Pamela S. Meyers:
 
Raised in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, Pamela has published articles in Today's Christian Woman, Christian Computing Magazine, Victory in Grace Magazine, Ancestry Magazine, Christian Fiction Blog Alliance Ezine, and the ACFW Ezine, Afictionado. Her true story, Like Son, Like Father, appeared in His Forever (Adams Media). She has served as a sign language interpreter for her church, and currently is involved in her church's outreach to the Japanese community and is a leader of a women's Bible study group. She now resides in Illinois.


Buy Thyme for Love on Amazon here!

No comments:

Post a Comment